Crafting a Modern Country Bathroom
How did my clients embrace their traditional style while creating a contemporary master bathroom?
First, fix the chopped-up space plan.
- Remove walls so that three rooms become one
- Opt for one wet room instead of separate shower and tub areas
- Add bigger, better windows
- Before and after pictures below.
Second, integrate function and storage, like:
- This double vanity with his and her drawer banks
- Open towel storage
- A roll-up appliance garage and pull-out bottle storage
Third, carefully curate the furnishings and fixtures.
- Celebrate dark, rich bathroom furniture and natural granite
- Mix up the tile finishes with natural sliced stone, wood-look porcelain, and stone-look porcelain
- Choose details like industrial lighting and rail-road inspired cabinet hardware
The result? A thoroughly modern bathroom for a country-loving couple.
She didn't know it, but Jackie Lopey's days as an advertising executive were numbered when she bought and renovated a 1950's bungalow. She soon went back to school and started her own design studio. Jackie is an award-winning, certified interior designer and the founder of Wide Canvas.
Share this post