TEMPLATE - Manual Product Entry - DO NOT OVERWRITE (Rev. 7-19-22)
Sold by the
About this product
DO NOT MAKE CHANGES TO THIS PRODUCT & SAVE IT.
To manually enter a new product, follow these steps:
Open up the "More actions" drop-down menu on the upper right of this screen.
Select "Duplicate" to open up the "Duplicate Product" window.
Enter the name of your new product under "Title." The title you enter will be visible to customers. Make it short, and do not include the brand or manufacturer's name. (It is okay to overwrite, the title in the "Duplicate Product" window.)
Click on the green "Duplicate Product" button to save and automatically open a copy of this template that you can edit.
Leave the page when asked.
Follow the directions below to enter a new product manually.
Steps to enter a new product
1. Search for your product type under "Product organization -> Type" to the right. DO NOT ADD TYPES. If you cannot find your product type by searching, select Other.
2. Leave the name "Wide Canvas" the vendor under "Product organization -> Vendor".
3. Leave collections and tags under "Product organization -> Collections, -> Tags" blank.
4. Leave Theme template under "Online store -> Theme Template" set to product-template-general."
5. Add product photos under "Media" below. (You will need to save the photos to your customer folder on Google Drive so that you can access them there and save them to Shopify.)
6. Add the customer's price under "Pricing -> Price" below.
7. Add the MSRP (if the customer's price is lower under "Pricing -> Compare at" below.
8. Leave the "Charge tax on this product" box under Pricing below checked.
9. Enter the SKU or item number under "Inventory -> SKU" below.
10. Make sure the "Track quantity" box under "Inventory -> SKU" below is NOT checked.
11. Enter a brief description of your product above including: size/dimensions, finish(es), etc.
11. Click the blue "Edit website SEO" link "Search engine listing preview " below.
12. Delete the auto-generated page title under "Search engine listing preview " below. (Shopify will generate a new page title that matches the Title you entered.)
13. Delete the auto-generated meta description under "Search engine listing preview " below. (Shopify will generate a new one that matches the data you entered.)
14. Delete the auto-generated URL handle under "Search engine listing preview " below. (Shopify will generate a new one that matches the data you entered.)
15. Set your product status on the top right under Product Status to "Active."
16. Do not change sales channels and apps under Product Status.
Check your product
1. Open up the "More actions" drop-down menu on the upper right of this screen.
Select "View Product." Shopify will automatically open up the online version of your product that your customer will see.
2. Review your entries for errors or omissions. Fix errors.
3. Review your photos for quality. Replace poor quality pictures.
4. Delete everything above this line.