Somerestt - Ottoman #45 and 46
Sold by the
About this product
Ottoman - Upholstered in patterned fabric.
Dimensions: 23 W x 17 H x 19 D (in)
Warrants that the frames used in its products will carry a lifetime pro-rated warranty and all other components will be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and service for a period of one year from date of purchase.
Most regular line fabrics will be under warranty for the period of one year after date of purchase by the consumer. Certain fabrics, essential for reason of styling, do not meet all the performance requirements and therefore, cannot be warranted against wear, seam slippage, shrinkage, and fading. Each dealer shall know beforehand which fabrics are included in this category. Close out, end of line and seconds bear no warranty whatsoever. This warranty does not apply to fabrics treated with aftermarket fabric treatments or fabrics exposed to pets. This should be made perfectly clear to your consumer before purchase to avoid problems later. Please advise your customers that fabrics should be cleaned by professional cleaners only.
Warrants that the upholstery fabric on each piece of furniture will be repaired or replaced as best determined by the manufacturer if the fabric fails to give at least one year of normal wear. This does not apply to close outs, seconds, or end of line fabrics.
- Claims due to cuts, burns, stains, soiling, pet damage, and after market fabric protectant and improper cleaning are excluded. Do not remove covers for cleaning;
- Due to chemical make-up of certain fabric fibres, we cannot warrant any problems which may result from exposure to excessive heat or sunlight;
- Pilling -- Pilling is a characteristic of many upholstered fabrics that results in excess fibre coming off of the surface of the material. This release of excess fibre results in small balls or pills of fibre forming on the surface of the cover. This condition is not warranted by the fabric mills because it is not seen to be a defect, it is simply excess material being released. This is similar to the fuzzing experienced with new carpet or the pilling of a new sweater. The concern on the part of most consumers is that the fabric is disintegrating and will ultimately leave a bald area on the cover. That is not the case; as with carpets and sweaters, the pilling will persist until the excess fibre is gone and then it will cease. The best treatment while this is happening is simply to shave the cover with a battery-operated furniture or sweater shaver to remove the pills and restore the look of the cover surface. This may need to be done three or four times, but the pilling on the surface will begin to diminish and ultimately stop.
FRAMES, SPRINGS, FOAM, EXPOSED WOOD, AND SLEEPERS
All products shall bear a lifetime (25 year) pro-rated* frame and spring warranty. All sofa-bed units and mattresses feature a three year pro-rated warranty. This warranty does not cover defects or damage caused by, or resulting in negligence by the user or mover of the product or accident, improper care, maintenance, repair and failure to follow directions for proper use.
The foam products used in the seat and back cushions shall bear a lifetime (25 year) pro-rated* warranty against excessive loss of resiliency. Note that all foam will soften initially and this is considered normal. Each customer should be notified of the proper care for seat cushions. This includes rotating cushions weekly and not removing covers from cushions for cleaning.
Exposed wood parts shall carry a 1 year limited warranty against material defects.
*Pro-rated Formula: Equal to month(s) used divided by month(s) warranted multiplied by current suggested retail price to be determined by the manufacturer.
TRANSPORTATION AND HANDLING
All merchandise is carefully inspected before shipping, then wrapped in a protective cardboard cover and sealed within a polyurethane carton. If furniture is damaged upon arrival, whether it be visible or concealed damage, you must make a claim against the carrier immediately. The manufacturers' responsibility ends with the carrier accepting the goods in good order at our factory. It is the buyers’ responsibility to insure the goods received match the quantity and quality of that shown on the packing slip and bill of lading. In case of a freight claim where the customer requires saleable goods immediately, he should place a new and chargeable order with our Customer Service Priority Desk. This will ensure immediate delivery while the freight claim is pending.
TRANSPORTATION AND INSURANCE
The manufacturer does not insure beyond the carriers’ liability. If extra insurance is desired by the dealer, this should be indicated on the purchase order to the manufacturer and all costs will be the responsibility of the dealer.
The manufacturer assumes no liability or consequential damage of any kind. The purchaser, therefore by acceptance of this product, will assume all liability for the consequences of its use and misuse by the purchasers or others. This warranty is expressly in lieu of all other warranties, guarantees, obligations, or liability expressed or implied.
The following procedure should be used when initiating a claim:
- Consumer should contact Wide Canvas (dealer).
- Dealer should inspect and verify need for warranty service before contacting the Customer Service Department.
- Should furniture require factory service, our Customer Service Department will issue a return authorized number and all shipping charges will be the responsibility of the customer. We will not accept furniture with or without a return authorization number, freight collect.
- Once our Service Department has verified the warranty claim, we will repair or replace the product at our option and return freight prepaid to the dealer only;
- If our Service Department cannot verify a defect covered by our warranty, we will contact the dealer for further instructions. If repairs are to be made, a purchase order should be issued for the repair, replacement and return of the goods collect, at an agreed pre-determined cost.
- Repairs under $50.00 may be authorized by our representative or territorial manager if local repair service is available. Any repairs over this amount require a return authorized number from the manufacturer. We will not accept any repair, inspection or debit charges, etc., if authorization was not obtained.