Custom Kitchen Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinets Per the Attached:
- Perspective Views
- Floor Plan
- Door Drawing
- Door Finish Photo
- Cabinet Box: 5/8" Plywood
- Drawer Box: 5/8" Solid Wood, Dovetailed
- Drawer Slides: Heavy-duty hinges with touch latches (touch latch hinges are not soft-close)
- Door Hinges: 110° clip-on all metal standard hinges with touch latches (touch latch hinges are not soft-close)
- Shelves: ¾ʺ (19 mm) both sides are finished and the front edge is edge-banded in PVC to match the interior finish
- Interior: Birch Veneer
- Full-overlay, frameless construction
- Hardware: Drawer and Door Handles Not Included
Cabinet Doors, Drawer Fronts and Finish
- Doors & Drawer Front: Slab, See Details Attached
- Pacific Pier Laminate Per the Sample You Approved and the Details Attached
- Glass Framed Doors: Matte Bronze finish aluminum. You will be provided a sample for approval.
Plywood Case Specifications
- All cases are crafted with 15.7 mm multi-core CARB 2 Compliant plywood. Plywood tolerance is+/- 0.3 mm, which meets or exceeds HPVA standards.
- Plywood case faces and backs are faced with clear-finished Birch.
- Complementary PVC edgeband faces visible edges of cases.
- Open shelf units, thick panels, and other sheet goods may be particle board core rather than plywood core.
- If a painted door style is chosen with plywood cases, finished cases and ends will be painted MDF, unless specially requested; If painted plywood cases are specially requested, then painted Maple or Birch veneer are used. As with all wood, veneer expands and contracts with humidity. Paint is flexible within this natural occurrence, but is limited. If a painted Maple or Birch veneer is chosen instead of MDF, then cracking may occur.
- All wall units over 30ʺ high have a fixed shelf 300 mm from the top of the case.
- It is the nature of real wood to have a variety of colours and grain textures. Both climate and soil conditions have a marked effect on the rate of tree growth, and therefore, on grain development and colour. These variations are what gives living wood its natural beauty and are evidence of the genuine product. Variations can appear from cabinet to cabinet. Therefore, samples may vary from the product you receive. Exposure to any type of light, over time, will slowly change the wood colour.
Cabinet Care Guidelines
For cabinetry with a laminate finish
- Employ a soft cloth and a mild glass spray cleaner to remove any grease build-up.
- To avoid streaking, do not use a soap-based cleaner.
- Be sure to use a soft cloth on gloss laminates to avoid scratches. Do not use paper towels.
- Be particularly careful to shield cabinetry from steam and heat.
Things to avoid
Other than the specific precautions above, here are some additional products to avoid, as a whole:
- Sponges or dish clothes: they may carry dirt particles, food bits, leftover grease, or the remnants of strong cleaning solutions.
- Harsh chemicals and detergents like strong chemical tub and sink cleansers.
- Scouring pads, steel wool, rough sides of sponges, and abrasive cleansers: it may seem obvious to avoid using these products, but once in a while you may consider using them to remove stubborn stains. They will damage your cabinetry surface.
- Silicone-based products.
- Conditions that create large swings in humidity and temperature.
Final tidbits of advice:
- Clean any splatters on your cabinets immediately. If left on your cabinetry too long, grease splashes, food stains, and water spills can become difficult to remove. They may even permanently damage the surface of your investment.
- Clean your cabinets often, even if there are no visible marks or splatters. Doing so will ensure your cabinetry’s enduring beauty.
- Minimize exposure to moisture, heat, and light – protect your cabinetry from damp cloths, kettles, steamers, and direct sunlight as best as you can. All of them can damage the finish or alter the color of your cabinets.
- If you do happen to scratch or nick your cabinets, touch-up kits are readily available to repair them.
Merit Kitchens Warranty
Merit’s obligations are subject to the actual terms of the warranty.
Merit Kitchens is proud to offer our Limited Lifetime Warranty to provide the peace-of-mind everyone should have in their home. Merit Kitchens has been crafting fine cabinetry for over 40 years. Our reputation for exceptional quality has been established since our founding. In fact, we are so confident in our workmanship, we stand behind any and all products manufactured and supplied by us for as long as our customers own them.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
We warrant to the original consumer purchaser of our products that, for as long as they own their home where our products are initially installed, our products will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal home use and service at the original site of installation. This warranty is only applicable to our products used in residential applications within the United States and Canada and is not transferable to subsequent owners. Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of any part or parts of our products which may prove to be defective under normal home use and service within the warranty periods, and which our examination shall disclose to our satisfaction to be defective. Our obligation under this Warranty or otherwise with respect to the products supplied by Merit is subject to Merit having been provided a reasonable opportunity to inspect and repair/or replace the alleged defective products or workmanship. Merit shall not be responsible for any indirect, consequential or any other form of damage or loss which is not expressly and specifically covered by this Warranty.
This warranty does not apply to the mellowing and aging of wood products due to photodegradation to its finished appearance (i.e.; the effect of natural and artificial light to woods and finishes). Variation in the wood grain or color; fading or visible cracking around joint areas. This warranty does not cover countertops, appliances, plumbing fixtures, or any and all products not manufactured and supplied by Merit, or the costs and expenses, including labor; incurred in removing or installing our products and related components. This warranty shall not apply to the effects of normal wear and tear or any product or part thereof which has been subject to accident, alteration, acts of God, abuse, misuse, improper installation, improper storage, excessive exposure to direct sunlight, exposure to moisture or exposure to extreme temperatures. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we make no warranty whatsoever with respect to accessories or parts not supplied or manufactured by us.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABLILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE AND OF ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES ON OUR PART. WE NEITHER ASSUME, NOR AUTHORIZE ANY OTHER PERSON, INCLUDING OUR SALES REPRESENTATIVES, DEALERS AND DISTRIBUTORS TO EXTEND OR ASSUME FOR US ANY OTHER WARRANTY, CONDITION OR LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF OUR PRODUCTS, THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS WILL BE THE PURCHASERS EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND THE PURCHASER HEREBY WAIVES ALL OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUR LIMITATION, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS PROVIDED FOR IN THE SALE OF GOODS ACT (BRITISH COLUMBIA) AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST MERIT KITCHENS FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
Merit reserves the right to alter design, specifications, and material without obligation to make similar changes to products previously manufactured. If a warranty claim is filed after a style is no longer being manufactured by Merit, Merit reserves the right to fully satisfy its obligations under this warranty by either replacing the affected component with a new component of the same style, or if Merit no longer has any more components of the same style, with a style supplied by Merit which is the most similar to the affected component. If components are replaced, Merit Kitchens does not guarantee that the finish of these replacements will exactly match the finish of any surrounding components. This is due to the changes that occur during the wood’s natural aging process, affecting its color and grain.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights, which vary from state to state and province to province. Some states or provinces may not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
To file a warranty claim, contact your local authorized Merit Kitchen dealer or distributor; who will arrange for an inspection of our products. A dated receipt as proof of purchase is required to obtain benefits from this warranty. The authorized dealer or distributor will obtain the information necessary to make a claim decision and forward such information in writing to Merit Kitchens, for action on the claim. Warranty claims must include a complete description of how the defect occurred. If you have difficulty obtaining assistance, please write to Merit Kitchens at the below address.
Merit Kitchens (2002) Ltd 12185-86th Ave Surrey, B.C. Canada V3W 3H8