Custom Cabinets - Tahoe Condo
Custom Cabinets Per the Attached Description, Drawings, and Photographs
Includes delivery to your ground-level condominium in Tahoe Vista, California.
Difficult-to-reach locations, steps, and other site conditions may incur delivery fees.
Cabinet Doors, Drawer Fronts, and Finish
Doors & Drawer Front: Flat Panel Door per the attached drawings and photographs. The frame is solid Cherry wood, the flat center panel is veneered Cherry wood.
"Spice" Stain Per the Sample You Approved.
Wood grain is visible through transparent stains, to a greater or lesser degree, depending on the intensity of the stain color. Due to the passage of time, changes in color will be evident in all species, particularly Cherry. Some woods have a predominant natural color which may or may not be evident in all pieces of wood.
- Wood doors with panels consist of solid wood frames surrounding a separate floating panel, which may be either raised, profiled solid wood or flat, recessed core finished in veneer, depending on the door style chosen. Solid wood parts, in general, are similar, but never have identical grain and color markings. Veneer is cut or sliced using different technology and will have a somewhat different grain pattern than solid wood. Identical grain and color patterns cannot occur in all parts of these products since wood is a natural product. Different pieces and cuts of wood in assembled doors may absorb stains or accept finishes in different ways.
- 5/8” plywood sides and bottom, 1/8" melamine back, both sides finished. Front edges with PVC edge band to match door color.
- HPVA compliant.
Drawer Box & Slides
- 5/8" solid birch hardwood sides with dovetail construction and clear lacquer finish.
- All surfaces are sanded smooth and clear-coated.
- Full Extension soft closing, concealed steel undermount runners with the soft close feature.
- Standard Kitchen slide length is 21 5/8” (550mm), and Standard Vanity slide length is 17 11/16” (450mm).
- 25 kg (55 lbs.) load capacity
- 5 mm (1/8”) thick MDF core, Interior Finish
- Adjustable front
- The drawer box is removable for ease of cleaning
- 110-degree clip-on all metal standard hinges are attached to doors.
- The hinge cup diameter is 35mm.
- Soft-close Silencio Hinge upgrade is included.
- 5/8" plywood with a natural wood veneer that is UV Coated.
- Both sides are finished.
- The front edges are finished with a PVC edge band to match the cabinet interior.
- All base and tall cabinets sit on European-style legs that can be adjusted to any height between 3 1/2" and 7".
- Protects cabinets from water damage due to flooding.
- Makes it easy to accommodate uneven floors.
Drawer and Door Handles
- Not included
The Nature of Wood Used in Cabinet Boxes, Doors, Drawer Fronts, and Parts
It is the nature of real wood to have a variety of colors and grain textures. Both climate and soil conditions have a marked effect on the tree growth rate and, therefore, on grain development and color. These variations are what give living wood its natural beauty and are evidence of the genuine product. Variations can appear from cabinet to cabinet. Therefore, samples may vary from the product you receive. Over time, exposure to any type of light will slowly mellow wood color.
Plywood Case Specifications
All cases are crafted with 15.7 mm multi-core CARB 2 Compliant plywood. Plywood tolerance is +/-.3mm, which meets or exceeds HPVA standards. Plywood case faces and backs are faced with clear-finished Birch. Complementary PVC edge band faces visible edges of cases. Open shelf units, thick panels, and other sheet goods may be particle board core rather than plywood core.
If a painted door style is chosen with plywood cases, finished cases and ends will be painted MDF, unless specially requested; If painted plywood cases are specially requested, then painted Maple or Birch veneer is used. As with all wood, veneer expands and contracts with humidity. Paint is flexible within this natural occurrence but is limited. Cracking may occur if a painted Maple or Birch veneer is chosen instead of MDF.
All wall units over 30” high have a fixed shelf 300mm from the top of the case.
Cabinet Care "Do"
- Employ a soft cloth moistened with a weak solution of mild dish detergent and warm water. Avoid using excessive water.
- Never use products containing ammonia. They will dull the finish or damage the protective top coat.
- Once you clean your cabinetry sufficiently with water-soap solution, dry it immediately with a soft cloth.
- The clear finish top coat provides a knock-proof surface, which does not need applications of oil or wax to retain its appearance.
- Special care for high-gloss finishes is required; be sure to use a very soft cloth to avoid scratches.
- Clean any splatters on your cabinets immediately. If left on your cabinetry too long, grease splashes, food stains, and water spills can become difficult to remove. They may even permanently damage the surface of your investment.
- Clean your cabinets often, even if there are no visible marks or splatters. Doing so will ensure your cabinetry’s enduring beauty.
- Minimize exposure to moisture, heat, and light – protect your cabinetry from damp cloths, kettles, steamers, and direct sunlight as best as possible. All of them can damage the finish or alter the color of your cabinets.
- If you do happen to scratch or nick your cabinets, touch-up kits are readily available to repair them.
Cabinet Care "Don't"
Other than the specific precautions above, here are some additional products to avoid:
- Sponges or dish clothes may carry dirt particles, food bits, leftover grease, or the remnants of strong cleaning solutions. Any of these items can damage your cabinet's finish.
- Harsh chemicals and detergents like tub and sink cleansers, scouring pads, steel wool, rough sides of sponges, and abrasive cleansers – it may seem obvious to avoid using these products, but once in a while, you may consider using them to remove stubborn stains. They will damage your cabinetry surface.
- Silicone-based products.
- Conditions that create large swings in humidity and temperature.